Saturday, January 15, 2011

One More (Last) Adventure

We're officially going to Mexico. We've been talking about it for so long, but I hadn't really looked at any deals or booked anything, so it didn't really seem real. Till now. I booked it on Tuesday night and we leave on Wednesday. Yikes. So much to do in such a short amount of time. Christien will be home for one whole day before we ship out again. We were planning on going to Puerto Vallarta. Thought something new might be fun. I just couldn't find a really good deal, nor a good hotel with good reviews to go with any of the packages I was coming up with. So the Mayan Riviera started to pop up again on my searches. We had such a good time the last time that we were there, and that was only a few years ago, so we thought we might as well go back. We've got a cute little eco hotel about 45 minutes from the airport. Cute and little don't really describe it as I feel that it's going to be quite a large hotel. Comparable to our hotel in Cuba. There is a whole kids area that just opened up with... 17 water slides I think it said. Hopefully there will be some wee ones that we can take Reid down. I think he'll like that. And he loves the ocean. I think that we might even hop the ferry to Cozumel this time. Not sure how long the trip is, but you can see Cozumel from Playa del Carmen, so it might be a fun day trip.

I wish it would just warm up in Calgary for a few minutes for me so that I can get some errands done. I don't like bundling Reid up and getting him in and out of the car in this weather. He hates hats and he hates his mitts even more. So getting him to keep those on when it's -21 is proving to be a bit of a challenge. And I'd rather he not get frost bitten. With that being said, Mexico is coming at the best time. Get us out of this cold and snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment