Tuesday, September 18, 2012

First Day of Play School

Reid is off to play school for the first time this afternoon.  We met the teacher last week and while it went well, I stayed with him the whole time, so I was a bit worried about leaving him by himself.  He hasn't been very good with me leaving him lately.  Not the case.  He was pretty excited when he saw his monkey back pack being filled up with snacks.  In fact, he dumped his whole snack bucket into his monkey pack to help me out.  He just wanted to wear it and go to school.  I left him playing with cars and I didn't even have to try to sneak out.  He even gave me a hug and a kiss goodbye.  Two and a half hours isn't really that long, and it's broken up with a trip to the jungle gym.  So he'll love that.  So looking forward to him being able to have some socialization without me around, and for me to be able to kick my feet up and relax.  Maybe have a nap.   Most likely try to get some things done around here that are kinda hard to do with a two year old at your feet.  Exciting times at the Short household!
.  

No comments:

Post a Comment