Sunday, August 25, 2013

Why Didn't I Know

Seriously why didn't anybody tell me how hard being a parent was going to be.  I'm not talking about the late nights, and the crying and whining all the time. I'm talking about something different...

Reid has a new little friend, Emily. She lives down the street. She was over multiple times a day for three days last weekend. Then we just haven't seen her since Monday. Reid asks every day if she's coming to play. And I just tell him that is she comes, then she is welcome to play (she's 5).  I see her playing with the other kids I the street all the time (also they are a kind of sketchy family, she's always dirty, up at all hours of the night, her dad is always yelling and swearing at them). Today, again, Reid asks if Emily is coming to play. I said, no cause it was almost dinner time. He pouted and said, "is she ever coming over again?" And I told him, if she came over then she could come in to which he replied, with a pouty lip, "but she's my friend". Heart broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment