Thursday, October 8, 2009

Working Out

That's right, it's not a typo. It's been long enough, so I decided that I need to get back at 'er. Started going to yoga 3 weeks ago, and I love it. It's not quite the yoga experience that you would normally get. No intense heat and sweat, but it is a nice way to relax and find some good stretches to help out with the growing pains. Lots of relaxation and corpse pose. Sweet... Half way through the 6 weeks that I signed up for and am most likely going to sign up for another 6 weeks once this is done. I might even have a friend to join me...

Hit up the elliptical in the basement twice this week too. Swimming was good, but I only went once. It's not way far out of the way, but it takes me at least an hour an a half for a simple 30 minute swim. Still wishing there was a pool closer to our place. However, while Christien is at kickboxing, I jump on the elliptical for 30 minutes. It's not much, but at least it's not sitting on the couch. It's starting to get cold, and dark early. Our nightly walks sort of fell by the wayside once that started. We did pretty good over the summer with our walks though. Either way, I am glad to be getting back to doing something. Hopefully I'll be able to have a good go at it for a couple of months before I get too big to move around like that. I'm sure that the baby likes the extra exercise. If only it would start moving around with me. Come on baby...

Christien and I are off to Kalispell this weekend. Just wanted a quick, cheap and easy get-a-way, just the two of us. Kind of funny place to go, but it's close. Christine's in-laws have a cabin just outside of Kalispell and they normally spend every single long weekend out there. Go figure, the one weekend that we'll be making the trek down there and they are off to see her parents in Kamloops. It'll be nice to just get some shopping done and do a little exploring. We always have fun no matter where we are. The newer the place, the more fun it is.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for getting out there!!! Some days it will be hard but it will be better in the long run for the both of you. Oh believe me that little one will be working out at times you wish she or he was sleeping!! Love you Tania

    ReplyDelete