Friday, August 28, 2009

My Personal Ecological Footprint

It's becoming more and more important to me to try to reduce my ecological footprint. Last year we bought a push mower, we've always recycled all our paper products and now that we have our blue bin, we're down to 1 bag of garbage a week. All our light bulbs in our house are energy efficient. I've even got my eye on a VW TDI Clean Diesel as a potential new car.

All that work to find out that my Personal Ecological Footprint is 8.3 global hectares!! Calgary's average is 9.4 and Canada's average is 7.1. It's nice to see that I'm a bit below the average in Calgary, but I'm not as impressed as I thought that I would be. I thought that we were doing a really, really good job, at least trying to do what we can do. I'm going to have to start eating 100 mile, which is going to be difficult, but I'll try hitting up some of our local markets.

No comments:

Post a Comment