Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Neutral Neutral


When you aren't going to learn what type of baby you are having, you are stuck with a very limited number of options when it comes to decorating. Yellow or green. That's basically about it. You are also stuck with only a few options for theme as well. Therefore, seeing as we are not finding out if it's a boy or a girl, we chose yellow and green as our colors, with a jungle theme. Ha. It's going to be super cute, but it's just funny that this is the theme and color of choice of most people having a non-gender specific room. Knowing this, I still don't feel any sort of desire to find out if we are having a boy or a girl. To ruin that surprise for decorating purposes?? Here is our cute yellow room (paint job care of Cleo). We've got a lot of green "accessories" and I'm looking for a nice, big, soft tan or cream rug for the middle of the room.

We haven't done a lot of buying of anything for the room yet. Just a lot of comparison shopping so far, and we've picked up a few smaller things, like blankets, stuffed animals (to compliment the jungle theme), and stuff like that. I, however, have had my eye on an OiOi diaper bag for over a year. iBambini had a ton of them about a year ago, and I started browsing their websites. They are a company based out of Australia and their bags are beautiful. I even like them better then Petunia Pickle Bottom (sorry Amber). It's definitely something a bit more extravagant then I need, cause I know I could drop $30 and have one from Toys R Us, but I got to thinking that this is something I am going to be carrying around for at least a year. Why not be stylish?? So, after the last ultrasound, I decided to treat myself. Here is my beautiful bag...

I love, love, love it so much. It will be doubling as my purse for a long while as well.

Other then that, we're still looking around, seeing what we like. We're planning a trip to Montana for Thanksgiving. Thought that we could look for some cheap baby stuff down there, and bring back what we can fit into the car. Do they have a Gap Maternity??

We've had some wonderful things given to us from friends whose kids have outgrown them. Thank you Jasmine and Curtis (and baby Davis for growing up so quickly). Jasmine has been a great source of information to me over the last few weeks, and for that I am very grateful. It's a bit scary when it's your first time and you are going in blind.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute bag M! And...I love the color on the walls. Great job Cleo! The prices in Montana are dirt cheap. Just make sure you are there for more than 48 hours so you don't have to pay taxes at the border when you come back.

    ReplyDelete