Friday, September 25, 2009

Human Baby Revealed

Had our 19 week ultrasound yesterday! Which means that I am right around the half way mark. What a relief. I'm sure that everyone worries to some extent, but this half way point was my cut off for worry. I'm switching that worry to the excitement that I feel we were cheated out of from the beginning. I'm going to focus on how lucky and blessed we are rather than worry about what could happen. If I can't stop the worry now, then I'll be stressed for the rest of my life. Something can always happen, right?? Life is too short. You hear that all the time, but it's really the truth!

Seeing the baby healthy yesterday just made everything perfect for us. What more can you ask for?? Heart, brain, limbs all in the right place = excellent. Heartbeat was 157. As old wives tales go, should be a girl. Especially since it was first thing in the morning and I think that baby was sleeping the whole time because there wasn't as much movement as there had been before. No cooperation from baby either (stubborn just like it's dad). It just had it's curled up little fists by it's face most of the time. The technician did manage to get baby to open a hand a few times and finally got a shot of it. We opted not to find out what we were having, and although I am curious, I'm glad that we don't know. It'll be that extra little incentive that I need at the end of labor.

Baby and it's "perfect shaped" head

Baby's 4 chambered heart

Baby's little feet and ankles (we were told it had great long legs)

Baby waving

Yesterday was a very exciting day. Today after work we're packing up the car and heading to Edmonton to celebrate my brother and mum's birthday! We're going to hit up West Ed (specifically the water park) with Ty and Stacey tomorrow and then have a nice dinner with the family. Haven't seen Ty and Stacey since Easter (which is lame) and haven't seen mum and dad since August. Looking forward to it.
Have a great weekend everyone. Be safe and enjoy the last of this nice weather. Back to normal temperatures and rain next week, so I hear.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe how great those came out. I never had anything I could recognize. You are right the worry never ends. Watch Dr Phil or Criminal Minds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MALIA!! congrats on the 19th week mark... how very amazing to see the ultrasound and the heart beating and all the limbs... truely a miracle!!
    Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride!
    XXMel

    ReplyDelete
  3. The perfect shaped head is from the Langis family no doubt and the great long legs are definitely from grandma (Malia's mum). Ohhh I can't wait to hold this little bundle of joy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete