Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I Love Carbs

I started a new diet two weeks ago. It's called the CarbLovers Diet and it's more about eating the right foods and the right portion sizes. I'm super loving it. Great recipes, and I'm always full. Not stuffed, but I feel good after a meal and I'm not counting down till I get to eat again. I mean what other diet tells you to eat bread and pasta and rice? The cook book that I have right now is great. Haven't tried all the recipes yet, but what we've tried has been great. They are coming out with another cook book soon, so I'm looking forward to that. It's not a fad, just a way of life. Once you start to get the process behind the diet, you can go right ahead and start cooking from whatever cook book you want. I've lost 5 lbs in two weeks, which means I get to treat myself to a new top or two. At 10 lbs it'll be a new pair of pants, and 15 I get a nice, new pair of jeans that fit me! Once I add exercise to my regime I'm sure even more weight will drop off. I just really like it cause I don't feel like I'm on a diet. Don't get me wrong, I'm still snacking on mini eggs every once in a while. And having wine. However, it shows that even with those few treats you can still lose weight. Don't deprive yourself of something you love. Eat it in moderation, or else you'll end up binging on it. Christien thinks that I'm starving him to death, but I think that he just needs to up his portion sizes. He's still eating everything that I am, but he's turned into a chip-a-holic since he's been home. That's usually my deal. At least I'm stocking the pantry with baked chips, which for the record, aren't bad.

1 comment:

  1. OK, I need to get the deet's on this. Congrats on the 5lbs. That's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete