Sunday, April 3, 2011

Forty Years and Counting

Today my parents are celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary. What a wonderful, and inspirational milestone. They met in Hawaii 40 years ago and three weeks later were married. With such a quick whirlwind romance, it makes it even more special that they made it to 40 years. Goes to show you that there is such thing as love at first sight and soul mates. My dad's quote today was "What is worth keeping is worth working hard to keep". I thought that was very touching and insightful. I wish that I had a picture to post, but alas, there were no digital cameras back in the day. Either way I am sending them lots of love and excitement on their anniversary. Sometimes you are just meant to be together. I looked it up too, and for your 40th anniversary the traditional (as well as the modern gift of choice) is rubies. I wonder if they were aware??? Love you mum and dad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment