Saturday, September 10, 2011

Butterfield Acres

We visited the farm! It was so much fun. Grandma Cleo and aunt Bernie came with us to see the animals. I knew that Reid would have a blast considering he is such an animal lover. We showed up and it was a beautiful day. Too bad all the adults didn't have the appropriate footwear. Luckily they let us stay and just advised to thoroughly clean our feet once we got home. Sheesh, you'd think "close toed shoes are a must" would be something that they would post on their website. Anyways, Reid had his kicks on so we were all good.
He went crazy when he saw the goats. Two footed jumping. And man, those goats were a bit aggressive. I would guess because they are so used to people bringing them food. But they were babies and pretty cool to touch. The lambs were my favorite. So soft. Reid cuddled into them too. They were pretty chill. The piglets scared the crap out of me. First there is this barn, and you look into it and there is a hog the size of I don't even know what. She's like 300 or 400 lbs, and she just snorted as me as soon as I looked into it. Assuming I was going to see some cute piglets, well... That made me take a step back. The piglets rushed us once we figured out that they were sleeping and kept licking our legs and feet. Yuck. Then one got out while we were trying to make out way out of the pen, and instead of coming to the aid of his wife, mother and aunt, Christien and Reid bailed out the back way. They had a beautiful black stallion that just let us pet her. She was amazing to look at.








And Reid had his first pony ride. He was so serious the whole time. Holding on really tightly and just concentrating. He finally gave a bit of a smirkey smile once we got to the end of the ride. Very cute and I'm sure his aunt Kerri will be so proud that he was on a horse at such a young age. We rounded the day out with a tractor ride on Old Blue. It was pretty cool being pulled by such an old tractor all around the farm. We've also purchased tickets for the Pumpkin hunt. It'll be Christien, myself, Christine, Cash and Reid. I can't wait to see the two of them hunting for pumpkins and petting the animals. We're going at the beginning of October so fingers crossed that we'll still have some nice weather and that baby Christine is lugging around doesn't come too early.

No comments:

Post a Comment