Friday, September 2, 2011

Visitors

Christien's mum arrived yesterday for a visit with us. She hasn't seen Reid since Christmas, so she's seen quite a change in the little mister. I think she likes him. Enough to take him back to Halifax with her? We'll see. I kid. She does seem to be having a good time with him. He is a lot more fun now, that's for sure. He was pretty good at Christmas too, but now he's just got more words, is down to one nap a day so there is plenty of time to actually get out and do things (he's always been an awful car/stroller napper). We've got a few things planned so I hope that this weather clears up like it's supposed to. I want to take Reid out to Butterfield Acres. I think that'll be a hoot. It'll definitely crack us all up.

We were just at the airport this evening welcoming in Christein's aunt and uncle from Australia. They are on a month long tour of Canada (home) and have just spent the last two weeks in Newfoundland doing their rounds. They are in Calgary for the next two weeks now and staying with Super Dave. We didn't get much chatting done at the airport as their flight was late and it was so hot in there, and Reid was starting to show signs of falling apart (which he did promptly when we got into the car). So we'll be seeing them again tomorrow for a get together that Dave is planning. Sounds like it's going to be quite the party. Cleo and Bernie are going to babysit Reid for us on Monday so Christien and I can head out on a date. Not sure where or what we're doing but looking forward to it. And I've decided (after the marvelous moussaka at Jasmine's) that I'm going to have them over for dinner on Tuesday and do a Greek themed night. I didn't even realize that Calgary had a Greek market. I'm off to check it out on Monday. Hopefully I'll find some magnificent things and Christien will finally get his cheese saganaki.

No comments:

Post a Comment