Friday, March 26, 2010

Date Night

Christien and I get to actually go out on a date tonite. Just the two of us. Adults only. I cannot wait. Since we've had family around the last few weeks, we've been able to get out of the house for a few hours at a time, always to do errands. Today, I even managed to go to Superstore by myself for about half an hour. But tonite... tonite it's just the two of us. Going for a nice grown up dinner without having to worry about being back in a couple of hours to feed the little monkey. Without having to bring any lists with us and to stop and think hmmm.. what are we here for anyways (that's cause I usually forget the lists). Without feeling guilty. I'm even going to indulge in a glass of wine, or two. My first glass of wine since June. I am very looking forward to it. And to the grown up conversation, and to the dimly lit restaurant, and to the ability to eat with my husband while having a normal adult conversation. No rushing through dinner. No eating standing up. I love this little monkey to death, and as excited as I am to get out for a bit, I still feel guilty. I am going to try my best to make this evening all about Christien and myself. After all, you have to continue to nurture the relationship that brought you your little miracle in the first place, right?? We deserve some time on our own. Christien goes back to work on Monday and he's going to be away for my birthday, so while we've got grandma here... I vow to always make time for ALL the men in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment