Thursday, April 1, 2010

Road Trip

Car is all packed up, just sitting here debating what to do about the finally sleeping baby before heading off to Edmonton, just the two of us. It's already one o'clock and Reid has finally decided to have a nap. I don't want to wake him up, but I also don't want him being wide awake and screaming in the car for the next three hours. I guess that's just what happens when you travel with a baby, or at least when you travel by yourself with a baby. You wait it out until it's going to be a good trip for both of you. That's when you actually have the luxury. We can leave whenever we want to. I'm still a bit nervous about doing this by myself, but I don't have any other choice. Well, I guess my other choice would be to stay here and spend Easter by myself. Either way, we are going to attempt this at some point this afternoon.

Packing for a weekend trip with a baby is crazy too. I don't have any room in the trunk cause of the stroller. And I need to bring that seeing as it's going to be really nice in Edmonton this weekend. Might as well get some vitamin D in this baby, and some fresh air. Maybe that'll help him with his lack of sleep habits. I can't wait for the new car. With a ton of trunk space. And an actual backseat. If I have to feed this guy between Calgary and Edmonton, I have no idea where we are going to do it. The backseat and the front seat are full of our gear. Oh this is going to be an adventure. Maybe I'll head down for a nap too so that I can fully enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment