Thursday, April 29, 2010

Happy Baby = Happy Mummy


So this was a big accomplishment for myself and Reid. We went to the mall yesterday! This is not an adventure that I undertake lightly, cause Reid hates his car seat, hates his stroller and hates the car. Making outings hard on us. However, yesterday I was planning on going to Market Mall, and a little snow storm wasn't going to stop us. Not sure if it was cause of the snow coming down, but he seemed a lot calmer in the car. I got all the way from my place to Edmonton Trail on McKnight before I even heard a peep out of him. I thought that I was in for a full blown melt down, as is the norm, but he peeped and then calmed down. No screaming or crying. And no falling asleep. We made it all the way to the mall like that. He was so good at the mall too. He wasn't overly happy about being in his car seat in the stroller while I stood in line at The Gap, so I just picked him up and he was totally content looking around. It also makes for a nice conversation piece cause he's right in everyone's face when I'm holding him. LOL. "Oh, what a cute baby. How old is he?" and on and on like that. He's very strong with his head, so it's funny to see people's reactions when I tell them that he's only 10 weeks. I always say "yeah, he's a big boy". To which a lady commented yesterday that it's better to be big and strong then small and sick. Amen to that.

So we managed to get dad a new shirt yesterday, and Reid got a larger Halo swaddler (that I am so excited about), and mum even got a round of soaps from Bath and Body works. No freak out. By the end of it, I was getting hot and sweaty so I can only imagine how he was feeling. He's a very hot baby on the best of days. I don't know what we are going to do in the summer. No pants all summer long, that's for sure. Had a bit of a freak out in the car when we left the mall, but he was asleep before we even left the parking lot. Amazing!

To add to that, last night he actually had a great sleep. Was it the new Halo sack? I'm not sure, but he slept for four and a half hours, then back again for another two and a half, then for another hour after that. Then I just brought him into bed to snuggle with me until 9!!! Amazing. A happy baby makes my days wonderful!!! I even got him to have two of his four naps in his own crib yesterday. A bit of a fight, but it usually is when it comes to him having a rest. Successful all around. Gotta love that little booger.


No comments:

Post a Comment