Friday, July 23, 2010

Grandpa and Grandma came for a visit

And what a visit. Sunday night, Christien and I were able to go to a movie together (Inception, so great), and dinner. It was amazing. Amazing to be out of the house by ourselves, and to be able to just have normal conversations. It was a wonderful way to celebrate our anniversary even if it was a couple of days early.

The grandparents stayed until Thursday and it was wonderful. I got to have two naps in two days. It was a great way to refresh, especially after Reid reverted back to only sleeping for two hour blocks at night. I was still feeling pretty exhausted this morning, but I think that it has to do with him sleeping so little as well as the frustrations building within me cause I just don't understand why he's sleeping so little. He's five months old now. I'm not asking for "through the night" but I'd like a little more then two hours at a time. It might sound crazy but I would rejoice at consistent blocks of three hours. That, would be a miracle.

I didn't have to do any cooking while my parents were here either. And they made enough food to last me for a week or two... I even got some chores done that I wouldn't have been able to get done without some help. It was great. Gotta love the grandfolk.

No comments:

Post a Comment