Thursday, July 15, 2010

What's Been Going On...

July has been a pretty busy month so far. I can't believe that it's already half over. Mum came to visit at the beginning of the month. It was great to only be by myself for one week rather then two this time around. Mum, Reid and I got to spend some really good times together. Just hanging out. She was here for Canada Day. Christine and Cash came over for a BBQ. It was cold and windy all day, but when they got here the clouds sort of disappeared and we got to spend the rest of the afternoon/evening on the deck. It was great. Amber came by for a bit. She had just gotten back from England, so she was a bit jet lagged. Glad that she came over though.

We had our Third Annual Patio Party on the 10th. It's always been a good time, and this time was no exception. Stacey and Ty came down. Which was a surprise. I was expecting Stacey, but not Ty, so that was totally cool for him to come. My cousin Paige and her boyfriend also came down from Edmonton for the festivities. It's always been super nice for our patio party. So hot on the back deck... This year was not so nice. It was gorgeous all week long, and then Saturday hit and the clouds came in. It poured Friday night, and I was hoping that would be it. However, all day Saturday it was just nasty. Dark clouds, but no rain. I kept thinking that I could see them splitting apart and blue skies coming, but that never did happen. As soon as Christien fired up the BBQ the rain started, and I really don't think that it stopped. People were still hardcore and tried to be outside on the deck, but they were coming in soaked. Curtis walked in the house, eventually, with two large tented tarps. We were like "Where did those come from??", "Curtis brought them", "From his truck", "No, he just bought them from Superstore". Way to come through Curtis!! It was awesome. The guys were all out there setting them up in the rain (and probably Alana too). It was a nice warm day, so we did end up spending some time outside under the tarps. No wind, just rain. Either way, it ended up being a super fun time.

We went to Montana on Monday. Were supposed to stay till Thursday but ended up coming back on Wednesday. Reid was having a super bad time. He was not happy in the car the whole way down there, and he was super fussy and in pain (atrocious diaper rash) for the rest of the time. So we figured spending $100 to sit in our hotel was a waste of money, and came back early. We did do some shopping, but were kind of rushed. Now that I am home, I'm looking at all the things that I wanted to buy and never really looked for. But that's okay. Kalispell isn't going anywhere. We're supposed to go to BC in August. I think that Christien is bailing on us (I really hope not). I'm going to trek through, even though we had a bad experience once. We also had a good one when we went to visit Dale in Castlegar. I think that we just pushed Reid a bit too much in the car this time. We broke up the Castlegar trip into two days, and from here to Fernie (which is about a 3.5 hour ride) we stopped three times. We need to think more about that. I don't have any issues with stopping once an hour for 15 minutes or so. Makes the trip longer, but that's what you have to do when you have a little one.

Now we're back, and we have a few days together before Christien heads off to work again on Monday. Mum and dad are going to be here Sunday to watch Reid for us, so that we can go out together for our 3rd anniversary. I am thinking that a nice dinner out will be so nice. No interruptions. Eating at a normal pace... Sounds like heaven.

1 comment:

  1. Malia, I love all the pictures you've posted, but the one of you and Reid in the field of flowers is gorgeous!

    And the Canada Day picture of Reid and Cash, I wonder which one is Reid??? :)

    Cleo

    ReplyDelete