Thursday, July 8, 2010

Lil' Swimmers

Mum has come and gone. And now Christien is back home. The last stint that he was gone went by super fast. I think that I'm keeping myself extremely busy. The week that mum was here, she said that she was exhausted keeping up with me. But I do what I have to do to make the time go by faster. How much fun would we have sitting at home all day long?? Not much, that's for sure.

Reid started his swimming lessons on Monday. It was everyday this week for half an hour. It's been so much fun. We went by ourselves on Monday cause Christien didn't get back till late. And since then it's been the three of us. He's been having a blast. He can float, and kick, and even got dunked. Every class. I'm still weary of it, but he does it, and doesn't freak out. The instructor said that if you can do it with them now, then they won't be afraid of the water when they are older. He always looks pretty shocked when he comes up, but not like he's going to freak out or anything. It's been so much fun. I'm going to look into more swimming lessons for the end of the summer. I think that Lil' Swimmers is just the first of a set of classes for the little guys, but I'm not sure where to go from here. I've got two cousins who swam their whole lives. They both ended up coaching when they got older, so maybe he's got a little of that in him. He sure does love the water though. I can't wait to get him in my aunt's pool this summer.

We're heading to Kalispell on Monday. Got a cute little hotel (I hope) that has a pool, so we can hopefully tire the little guy out. We ended up getting a Junior Suite, so we'll see if it's as nice as the one in Fernie. It'll be nice to be able to put him to bed in one room and still sit up and chat and watch TV in the other without worrying about waking him. I can't wait to hit up Target. I have no idea why I love that store so much. And Costco. They have a great deal on beers and wine. Also, Christien is looking forward to Famous Dave's BBQ. Funny little joint. We're hoping to head to Whitefish as well, and maybe get a hike or two in. Check out the town a bit better then when we were there in October. It was cold when we were there last. And we were there over a weekend so when we went into Whitefish on the Sunday, everything looked pretty deserted. I think that it might liven up in the summer time. We'll see, but I sure am excited.

In August we'll be heading out to BC for two weeks. Stops include Kamloops to see the Witzaney's, Kelowna to see my aunt and uncle, Vancouver to hit up Stanley Park and Kitsalano, Victoria to see some more family, and then Vernon to see my buddy who lives in London but will be visiting her folks in BC for a few weeks. Lucky that our trips will overlap. Sounds like a lot, but we've got about two or three days in each stop so I think that it's going to be mega loads of fun. I can't wait to hit up the ferry with Reid. I haven't been on the ferry in YEARS. Maybe we'll even get to see some whales this time!!

We haven't taken any pictures of swimming yet. Brought the camera today, but Reid was having a bit of an off day and didn't really want to stay in the water any longer then necessary. That's OK. We'll try with some pictures again tomorrow and I'll post them as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment