Thursday, December 8, 2011

Big Boy Bed

November 29, 2011. The day we put Reid into a big boy bed. We just couldn't keep him in his crib anymore. He was always crawling out of it and thinking that it was the funniest thing ever. It just wasn't safe anymore. So we went out, and finally tracked down a rail for the convertible crib that we have. The first few days were great. Naps were a different story, but they always are. So I knew that they were going to be as tough, if not tougher then they had been before. We lucked out the first few days with naps. He was actually tired enough to be rocked to sleep. Sleep time is my new hell. We have a routine that we've had for months, and it's always worked. Teeth brushed, book, bottle, rock, bedtime. Now as soon as I lay him in his crib he SCREAMS his lungs out. Over and over and over again. Forty five minutes is my limit. I can't handle it after that and I just leave him to scream it out. I'm sure that I should leave him before that, but I can't take the screaming and the kicking at the door. I've tried everything. It's been so bad that I'm considering turning his bed back into a crib. I don't know what to do. Why does everything with this child have to be at one end of the spectrum or the other. Either he's sweet and wonderful, or he's just the devil. There has to be something that I can do to stop the screaming. Right now I just try to do what I can for 45 minutes and then cry until he stops screaming at the top of his lungs.

No comments:

Post a Comment