Monday, February 8, 2010

Le Frustration

I woke up on Saturday to a wee puddle of water on the floor of the bathroom on my main floor. Weird, random drip from the ceiling. I proceeded to find out that the bedroom directly upstairs from said leak had a very wet carpet. Potential pipe burst/leak in the ceiling between the main floor and the upstairs?? I don't know. I know nothing about stuff like this, or what to do when it happens. I don't even know where to go in the basement to turn off the water. Christien takes care of this stuff. But Christien is away at work. I texted him, not knowing what to do, and had Amber call her dad to see what I should do. I guess it's hard to explain what's happening to someone who isn't here, and it's also hard for them to gauge the kind of damage it may cause. It's not horrible, especially the slight drip into the bathroom, but I'm just really worried about the water soaking up from the floor into the bedroom and getting the carpet all wet. That wetness is starting to cover a larger surface. Put a call into the plumbers this morning at 830 and here I am three hours later, still waiting for them to call me with their hour notice before they even show up. Not really something that I want to be dealing with today. I'm still a bit sick from that bouncy castle last weekend, and I'd really rather have slept in this morning and be napping right now. However, I've gotten sucked into my chore list. Hopefully someone will come by, or at least call soon, so that we can get this show on the road. Couldn't be a better night for the Bachelor tonite!

1 comment:

  1. 9 days to go!? Isn't it sooooo nice to know the end is near...or the beginning...

    Leaky pipes and broken down cars only happen when husbands are unavailable! If it was our plumber you called I hope he was good to you...despite the 3 hour wait...that's pretty much par for the course with those guys

    ReplyDelete