Thursday, July 21, 2011

Four Years and Counting

It was Christien and my four year anniversary yesterday. We didn't get to spend it together, again, as he was working. We did celebrate a bit before he left with a nice dinner and some bubbly. We always try to get each other traditional wedding gifts. I'm so glad that we've decided to make that a tradition because it always results in some cool ideas. Last year was leather and I got a beautiful bracelet, that I still get compliments about and Christien got a new strap for his guitar. This year the traditional theme was "flowers and fruit" and the modern take on it was "china, silk and appliances". I got Christien an edible arrangement. For those of you that don't know what those are, they are big fruit "baskets" that are shaped to look like a bouquet. As well as a little, single burner camp stove. Funny though, he was going on and on about us needing this stove for our camping trip. I thought that we would do fine without it. Then I was shopping for food for the trip and found this little one burner for a fairly good price, so I picked it up for him. Not realizing that it was a good fit for the modern aspect of our gift giving. So that worked perfectly (as a gift and for our camping trip). Christien gave me a beautiful tea mug with flowers on it (creative) and a Gordon Ramsey electric tea kettle. I love it. I hated that old, ugly tea kettle that we had on the stove. And this one works amazing. The box said that they are "appliances you can swear by". Ha ha ha. I also love Gordon Ramsey. I'm addicted to Hell's Kitchen and MasterChef. We also enjoy Kitchen Nightmares.
We also got two beautiful bouquets of flowers from my parents. Dad cooked for me last night. Made my favorite dinner and we shared a really nice bottle of wine. We look at my parents, who have just celebrated their 40th anniversary and think, wow... they've been married 10 times longer then us. I can't wait to get there. It's been a great, wonderful, loving, sometimes hard, but mostly superb 4 years. I look forward to the future with my husband and our family. I love you Christien.

No comments:

Post a Comment