Friday, July 29, 2011

Last Day of Daycare

It's Reid last day of daycare today. I'm going back and forth on this. Are we making the right decision? I know that we are, but then I question myself sometimes. Am I being selfish by wanting to stay at home with him? That doesn't make any sense. All I want to do is raise my son, instead of having someone else do it. Is he going to miss all his friends? He seems so happy when I drop him off. Running and laughing and holding hands with his buddies. Will he be socialized enough when it's just the two of us? The ladies at daycare are going to miss him so much, and that's all that I've heard over these past weeks when I pick him up. And then I start to feel guilty for wanting to take him out of daycare to stay home with me. We're going to have so much fun together. I've got so many things researched and lined up for him and I to do together. Plus it's summer and a lot of my friends from baby class are teachers so they have the summer off. So there will be play dates. I know that it's the right thing to do for him, and for us. And then sometimes I think that I'm robbing him of this opportunity.. to be in daycare... Agh. I guess it's just cause it was such a big decision to make and there were a lot of pros and very minimal cons. I am very excited to start this next chapter in our lives and I vow to do right by Reid and be the best stay at home mum that I can be.

2 comments:

  1. It's absolutely the right thing to do Malia. I kind of wish that we had that luxury. Maybe after baby 2. Enjoy every moment you've got with him. Candice

    ReplyDelete
  2. He would choose you a million times over daycare! We will have to get them together lots to ease the daycare withdrawal!! Oh yeah and if I could get my brain together I would tell you the gymnastics class is called squeakers at stars gym, the sat morn 930 class! I have the link at hotmail, I will forward right now
    CD

    ReplyDelete