Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Reading

Another great book club last night. I'm so luck to be friends with these ladies. As different as we all are, we've always got so much to talk about. I guess we're actually really not all that different deep down when you think about it. We just all have such great stories and ideas to share that it's always a really good time when we get together. Missed Jasmine last night though!

Alana put on a superb veggie feast ~ with Kristin being a vegetarian, meals have been really interesting when she's able to attend book club. And interesting in a good way. Lots of new recipes coming out of the woodwork. Great Christmas and festive atmosphere at Alana's too. Definitely made me feel all warm inside, and for once it wasn't cause of the wine (that I wished I could have indulged in as well). Voting took place and our new book for December is:

The more that I hear about it, the more interesting it sounds. Especially as it takes place in Alberta in the early 1900's. I think that it's going to be a great Christmas read.

A big thank you to Alana for hosting book club, Mike for making cookies, and Candice and Amber for their very thoughtful Christmas gifts. To have friends like these means a lot.

I think that last night was the kick that I needed to get on this whole Christmas thing! I've got a list of shopping and baking that I'm getting started on this weekend. It all starts after work in fact. Although I didn't get a lot of sleep last night, I'm feeling good and refreshed today, so what better day to start it?? That's right.. Less then two weeks before Christmas and I'm "starting" it.

Stay warm and have a wonderful weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment