Monday, December 7, 2009

Day 1

Well it's day one of Christien's new job. He flew out of Calgary around noon today. I got to drop him at the airstrip. Was harder then I thought it would be to see him go, but now that I'm home with Franklin, I've been making lists of what I need to get done before he's back for Christmas. It'll go by quick. I've already got plans every other day this week!

Christien said that camp is good so far. He's got his own room with his own TV/VCR combo. Yes, VCR. Good thing we kept all our old ones. He can load up when he's back here. He said that they had a great dinner and he's got a killer lunch packed for tomorrow. As of right now the weather is the same in Calgary as it is in Fort Mac (-31 with the windchill at 5 this afternoon). He's got the next two days of training and then he'll hit the field. He's hoping that his training will be on some of those mondo snow clearing machines. We'll see about that. The camp he's at has about 3000 people living out there. Much bigger then what I was thinking. There are lots of trades guys working and training with him, so he's thinking of eventually seeing where a potential apprenticeship could lead with one of them. That's my husband. Always looking ahead to what he can turn this job into. I'm grateful for that.

I'm getting ready to hit the queen size all by myself tonite. One thing that I can look forward to: no sharing blankets, no getting woken up in the middle of the night cause my snoring is too loud...

No comments:

Post a Comment