Thursday, December 10, 2009

Major Milestone

I am exactly 30 weeks pregnant today. Holy smokes. I can't really even believe it. Out of the 20's, only 10 weeks to go, well into my third trimester, home stretch... It's all craziness. It's not like I didn't think that we were having a baby before, I mean, we have a fully functional nursery right now, but this just makes it seem all that more real. With my first two pregnancies I would look into the future to see where I would be and what I would look like around certain occasions, and now I've made it till Christmas (almost). I actually need to get a note from my doctor in order to fly home for the holidays. That just makes me smile. I'm getting more and more excited. And getting bigger and bigger.

All day yesterday I was super uncomfortable and just felt a crazy weird "pain" or stretching in my stomach. It hurt to sit, it hurt to stand, it hurt to move around. Then looking in the mirror I burst out laughing cause I looked large. I have my days. My big days and my small days. I think that I'm relaxed back to a more normal size right now.

I'm going to a spa party at a friend's on Saturday (thank goodness for that pedicure, I cannot bend that far for that long anymore), and she's having her baby four days before me. From pictures she looks much larger then me. It'll be funny to compare bellies. Christine and I are carrying alot differently too. It's interesting to see, especially since we're only two weeks apart (only 12 weeks to go for her, yipee). Now.. does that mean anything? Whose got a girl in there? A boy?? Do we keep torturing ourselves with the back and forth of that? I laugh. It's all fun. I'm still so happy that we never found out. It's going to be the best surprise of the year.

Book club tonite. My favorite day of the month!! Can't wait to see what Alana's got picked out for us. Dying for a new book to read. And all our Epicure orders are in as well. Sorry, no Christmas gifts in there. All for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment