Friday, December 4, 2009

New Job

Well, Christien finally got too sick of his job to continue with that company anymore. He took some vacation time last week, and resigned on Monday. A bit of a scary time, but knowing that he's not a slacker and that he'd be on the hunt for a job quickly made me feel a bit more at ease. Turns out he did manage to land himself a job. Starts on Monday. In Fort McMurray. It's going to be quite the change for us. He's working fourteen on and fourteen off. The two weeks that he's off is going to be great. I still have mixed feelings about the fourteen on. I'll miss him. I think that it might get harder once the baby comes. Being by myself for two weeks is going to be hard, but at least I have the baby to keep me company. And my friends (so get me on speed dial ladies, I'm going to be hanging solo for half of every month). It's something new to try out and if we both really end up hating it, then he's not going to stay up there for long. I'm looking forward to the two weeks that we'll get to spend together once the baby is here though. We can do whatever we want cause I'll be off as well. We can take a quick vacation if we decide. Or just spend lazy mornings in bed, cuddling the baby. There are pros and cons to every decision, and I think that the pros outweigh the cons right now. If you don't believe in yourself, and don't believe that you can do it, then you will truly fail. I believe that we can make this work, and we can turn it into an experience. Who knows where this will eventually lead?? Happiness is the most important thing of all, and as long as we're both happy then that should be all that matters. When the happiness fades then it's time to move on to something else that will make us even happier.

2 comments:

  1. Your right! Focus on the 2 weeks together. The 2 weeks he's gone will fly by when you are with the new baby. And if tyou need help/visitors/coffees/ whatever...we are all a call away!

    Good luck Christien!

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amber. That means a lot to know that I can rely on you!

    ReplyDelete