Thursday, December 31, 2009

The End of 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!! I hope that you all had a great Christmas surrounded by friends and family. We celebrated Christmas at home in Fort Mac for the first time in five years with mum, dad, Ty and Stacey. It was a really great time of just maxing and relaxing. Lots of movie watching and naps. Sometimes you just have to have a holiday like that. It's nice to come home and not feel like you need a holiday after your holiday. Fingers crossed that we'll all be able to spend Christmas 2010 together as well. My wish is to have everyone at our place. Blow up mattresses and mismatched chairs. National Lampoons Christmas Vacation is Christien's favorite Christmas movie, so I think that having all our family together will make for our own funny stories. And having both sets of grandparents here for baby's first Christmas will be more then wonderful. Plus aunts and uncle Ty.

New Year's Eve is going to be a bit different this time around. We've got no plans and haven't really sought any out. I can barely stay up past midnight on a normal night, so I am just hoping that I can have a nap sometime today and stay up to ring in 2010. Would have been nice to have gone to the hockey game tonite but those tickets sell so quickly, I can't even imagine what people are asking for them on Kijiji. Either way, as long as Christien and I are together, then that's all that matters. From the looks of it, this is the last special occasion that Christien will be spending with me. His work schedule gave us Christmas and New Years together, but that's it. 2010 will be a year of celebrating with myself it looks like.

Be happy, be safe and cheers to 2009! Let's see what 2010 has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment