Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Special Babies of 2010

Besides meeting my own baby in 2010, I am over the moon excited to meet babies Bauer, Dunham and Steele!! Three of my good friends all having babies within weeks and months of each other!! Can't beat being able to pick up the phone and call someone during the day to do something. Go for a walk, hit the mall, get some coffee. It's going to be a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful year.

Christine and I have been friends for more then 10 years now. It's crazy to think that we've known each other that long. We met in Lethbridge when we were both in University. Christine, Kinga, Trish and I were kind of inseparable in that last year of University. Boy, did we have some good times. We moved to Calgary together and lived in the best house by McMahon stadium for about two years together. Really, from there, we've done everything in such close proximity to each other. We were engaged within two months of each other, married within a year of each other, started our baby making journey within months of each other, and now we're set to have our babies two weeks apart. Sometimes you can't even plan it any better. We've seen each other through so many changes in life, that I'm really looking forward to having a whole year off together. We definitely have become busy over the last few years, so it will be nice to spend more time together and watch our babies grow together.

Candice and I have known each other for about 4 years now. She worked with Christien at Grafikom and got Christien and I jobs with the Flames as club seat servers. Although we only worked at the Flames together for a year, Candice and I stayed friends (and her and Christien continued to work together). I eventually brought "my new friend" along to a book club meeting and she proceeded to hit it off with a great bunch of girls. Candice finally announced last week, that her and her husband Chris are expecting their first child in the summer! Couldn't be more excited for her. And now that she's past the scary trimester, I'll have a shopping buddy for the next month. And come August, I'll have another buddy to have play dates with.

Tricia and I have known each other from way back in Fort Mac. We were never really friends in high school. We both went to different schools, but knew who each other were. She ended up coming to Lethbridge for University as well, and we just sort of hit it off. Hence her induction into our little group of three down there. After University Tricia moved up to Edmonton, so we don't really see her too often anymore, which is too bad. Christine and I made a few trips up there to visit, and then Tricia moved to Fort Mac. Tricia and I have always been on par "telepathically" when it comes to our major life events, I feel. She called me in January of 2006 to say "guess who got engaged over Christmas..???" Although she was referring to herself, Christien and I also got engaged over the holidays of 2005. We had a laugh. Then I get an e-mail from her this past fall, telling me that she's pregnant. Turns out our babies are also due two weeks apart, and her and Christine are due 1 day apart. There has to be something more to that then coincidence. I love it. Tricia's husband is also working shift work in Fort Mac. His two week on schedule overlaps with Christine's by one week. So I'm planning on making some trips up there to see her and hopefully have her down to see me. Maybe do some girly camping together this summer while our husbands are away.

So that is why the babies of 2010, and their mums are so special to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment