Thursday, January 14, 2010

Video Documentation

Christien and I are in the market for a video camera. We thought that we had one all picked out and then read the reviews online and didn't find a good one at all. We just want something small, middle of the line. Waterproof would be nice. Obviously has to have the option to take stills as well (but I think that they all do now). Any advice? Is there anybody out there even?? If there is anybody out there reading this, and you either have a video camera or know of a good one, let me know. I would love the input. We need to buy something before the end of January. We need to do a million things before the end of January, but this is one of them on our to do list.

First pre-natal class on Tuesday was good. Very interesting. For example, did you know that the baby turns three times before it's even close to being born?? No wonder labor goes on for so long and is so painful. It seems like we've got a good bunch of peeps in that class. Good sense of humour (all the girls agreed with me when we were doing our chart of "what we want out of the class" as to when we can have that first glass of wine). Christien missed it as he was away for work, but Beatrice found it really interesting too. He's very excited to start them with me next week, and has been asking questions about the class that he missed. First time parents, everything is new, so it's nice to learn about it.

This last two weeks have gone by really quickly with Christien gone. I think that he might have an interview or two lined up for when he gets back, and I think that it might actually be hard for him to leave his job in Fort Mac, if that's what he decides to do. I think that he really likes it. Keeps him busy and he's got something to show for it at the end of the day. Their crew is getting lots of props from the higher ups for the great job that they are doing. Sounds like all the guys are pretty great too. He's got a work out partner, and another buddy, Grant from Sask. He's already invited both of us out there for a visit sometime soon. Apparently him and his girlfriend are renting a place out there (can't remember the name of the town) and they have cows and chickens and horses, and their monthly bills ~ for everything ~ is $750. Hmmm... maybe the simpler life is really where it's at.

4 comments:

  1. Did you dudes win the lottery? I can't comment on the video camera thing b/c I've never had one but can comment on the simple life. Funny story, Grant from Sask is from Crystal Springs which is 25 min from my home town and is where some of my relatives are. Huh...! Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should buy an SLR with video capability, cause I think you wanted an SLR anyway, right? Nikon makes some good ones. Our SLR doesn't have video...I'm hoping that my ipod Nano will suffice for wee videos.
    ps. i always read your blog! always "thought comment", but sometimes it doesn't come through the keyboard because I'm simultaneously trying to work...multi-taskin', ya know...I'll comment more often. But seriously, check out an SLR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also always read the blog! Im such an ass at actually responding. Sorry!

    I have also heard Nikon was the way to go. Im not much of a camera person, but for an average priced camera for a average person its the way to go.

    If you move to Sask after all the razzing I got from you guys after I moved there. bahaha

    Ambs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our point and shoot camera has video. It's what we've been using for our video for the last three years. It's not bad, but it's time to trade up and actually get a real video camera. The quality will be much better. I think that I am going to treat myself to an SLR though. I got some $ for Christmas, and I usually get some for my birthday, so I'm just going to put it towards a nice new camera for me. And then I'm going to take a course. Everybody will be getting pictures for gifts from then on.

    ReplyDelete