Sunday, September 26, 2010

Amazement

Watching Reid in all his craziness just amazes me. Every day he seems to be learning something different. Yesterday, he stood up twice, on his own, no hands. Only for a few seconds, but still. Just amazing. He will grab onto his play pen, and just hoist himself up. Feet off he ground and everything. I'm starting to think more and more that one day, he'll be talking to me. Talking back to me too, I'm sure, but communicating with me like we all communicate with each other. It's just so crazy that I'm seeing this person emerge now. He's his own self right now, if that makes any sense. It's hard for me to think of him as a baby anymore, because he seems to be so self sufficient. He's all over the place. He's really fast when he crawls. If I take the gate down he is immediately at the stairs. He made it all the way up the stairs last week. I'm not sure how to "teach him" to go down the stairs, but I'm trying. And I'm definitely right behind him when he does it. He'll go up a few and then turn around with this grin on his face. Just so proud of himself. However, he doesn't understand that he's on a small step and he can't just turn around and not expect to fall down. He's a funny little monkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment