Thursday, September 9, 2010

Rainy Days

The weather here has not been nice over the last few days. It's movie nights and sitting in the basement with the fireplace on. I guess seeing as we're spending the days indoors, it'll give us a chance to get a few work outs in. Since Christien has been home, I've managed to work out once. Not a good record. On the plus side, I have been eating Phase 1 South Beach, with minor alterations.

Reid had a doctors appointment yesterday with the pediatrician. They had a cancellation and were able to fit us in. He agrees with our doctor that it could be a reflux problem, so we're going to continue treating that for the next few months. Then we'll take him off the medication and see how that goes. That makes me nervous, cause he's finally starting to get better. No more waking up and screaming at night, and he's back on solids. He still wakes up at night, but he cries, and it's much easier to let him cry for five minutes when it's just a soft cry, rather then an all out scream fest. He usually puts himself back to sleep. I'm still getting up once or twice a night to feed him, but I've always expected that. And I'm fine with that. He's going down much easier too, once he gets those feeds. For a few months it would be just painful to lay him back down after I'd fed him. Which would lead to me being up for an hour or two, just trying to calm him and get him comfortable. So we've got hope for the future. Christien and I have actually been able to sleep these last few weeks. We're still exhausted at the end of the day, cause this baby is constantly on the go, but at least it's not a lack of sleep exhaustion.

Car's getting fixed today, I've got a dermatologist appointment (that I'm a bit nervous about) and we've got an appointment to check out a day care not far from our place tomorrow. Yikes. I can't believe that we've gotten to that point already where we have to start looking for child care. There are so many places in Calgary that have wait lists, it's ridiculous. I'm not even sure if this day care is wait listed or not. I just know that it's cheaper then downtown, it's right across the street from the train station, and that's about it. How I wish I could just stay home with him. Right now is when we really wish we had family closer who could watch him during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment